Thursday, July 31, 2014

Ilo-ilo at Last ~

This time is not my first time for this province. I have been here last March 2012 but with no intention of stopping by to enjoy the place. I was only on my way to the famous Boracay and Ilo-ilo is a place to stop by first so I can get on a bus to get to the world-famous island BORACAY!

I sadly glimpsed on the places I passed in Iloilo and on my mind "I will have my chance for you too, soon" I convinced myself.

Come August 2014, its just plain EXCITEMENT when I was able to prepare for the next field work and see Ilo-ilo for the FIRST time :) No one can resist to have her picture taken at the place where "Ilo-ilo" text is just simply visible :)



Way back in Elementary years, I can only think of Ilo-ilo as a place with the colorful "vintas", well those colorful boats as shown on the History books back then.  But there is more to Ilo-ilo than just the boats that I have not even tried :D

To look forward to:

good food  - La Paz Batchoy
people - I like how they speak Ilonggo - sweet (do they ever get angry?)
the famous island next to it - Boracay!

As mentioned, going to Ilo-ilo is part of my work. As expected, there are many ways and reasons why I can look back and smile with the experience. Part of the trip was to visit our clients/clusters located in different islands of Iloilo. What the typhoon Haiyan left at the port. Heartbreaking though.




I have to be on this boat to reach the islands that I need to visit.



I met a friend: Tatay Pepito Ceriaco. He was humble and he happily shared how it is to live a life in an island when all your grown up children are already away and on their own (I can feel the loneliness in his voice - I guess he just missed them). He fumbled on his envelope with so many legal documents in it. And promised to him that I will send him a water-proof envelope or bag one day. I'm hoping to buy one online.



I can't just leave Ilo-ilo without checking on its famous church - Miag-ao. This church was completed in 1797.



Working in Luzon for many years allowed me to see rivers but not as beautiful and clean as that of River Esplanade.




Can't help but beam at the sight below, when five to six vehicles can pass by under the overpass near SM. From where I came from, only two tricycles can fit on our narrow highways, in the City.



At SM food court, At "Original Lapaz Batchoy", we had a great dinner with the best (so far in Visayas) sisig I have tasted.




And the place that we chose for the night was Ongbun Pension House for its AFFORDABILITY! :) at P700+ per night for a Standard Room (August 2014 rate).


I have to say goodbye to the place at dawn - heading back to Cebu in the morning!
Until we meet again Iloilo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Hiking At Trinidad, Bohol!

  Bohol is an island province, yes.  It can be famous for Chocolate Hills and beaches, but very seldom are its hills and mountains being exp...