Sunday, October 8, 2017

Fooled By The Pool

Many times, I cannot count anymore, I have traveled to the northeastern part of Bohol and many towns due to my work and for this, have been noticing this pool-like place near Poblacion, Baclayon.



To my surprise, this place is not just an ordinary place but actually a SPRING. Oh well, I never thought of this to be such until I found out from many locals who are really coming from this place that this is indeed a Spring. However during high tide, the seawater can mix into this Spring thus creates a salty taste on the water. Even if I'm not so fond of spending a day in a shallow spring for a swim, I give it a try for my niece so she can practice her swimming prowess ;) Not just swimming, but even her attempt at jumping and diving too :)



When finding a good spot, it is also a place to capture quiet moments and daily lives of fishing, as observed through this small boat.



From where I was sitting, I can even see the snails almost playing with the small crabs. Simple moments like this is such a source of delight to my shallow self :)




The cemented walkway is where anyone can bring a stool to sit on and/or spread a mat where a prepared food can be readied for lunch. Also kids can walk around and find shelter from the heat of the sun.





Parents can feel confident that kids can play around or make funny pose, just like what Dara is doing :)



Sure enough, when I look around, armed with a book to kill my time and be entertained, I found my perfect spot here :)



When 3:00pm struck, I have to say goodbye to the place, even if it means a grumbling niece who doesn't want to heed my call of "let's go home". She still wants to stay until evening, I guess. But my stomach is screaming for "LUNCH!" With hesitation, I have to move and say bye for now Baliaut Spring :)

How to get there:

From Tagbilaran City Proper, take a multicab or jeepney at the City Square with Baclayon at the sign board. Fare is Php8.00. Stop at Baliaut Spring. This place is just very close to the highway. Every driver to the town of Baclayon knows this :)

Easy, right? When are you going to go?

Until then. Happy Travels. 

Carpe Diem.

Jik






No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Hiking At Trinidad, Bohol!

  Bohol is an island province, yes.  It can be famous for Chocolate Hills and beaches, but very seldom are its hills and mountains being exp...