Sunday, April 5, 2020

Tawi Tawi - You Are Not That Scary

It has been my dream to see Tawi Tawi for a long time.
Yes, I know what you are thinking: 

"Why Tawi-Tawi?"
"It's dangerous there!"

That is what the mainstream media has been telling us, since the day we were born.  The good thing is, flights going to this place has been very cheap, from Zamboanga City. So I don't want to pass up the chance. All work for the whole year makes me sick, so, out of the blue I visited Tawi-tawi without telling anyone ;)

Before reaching Tawi-Tawi province, I have to stop by at Zamboanga City.  And took another flight to Tawi-Tawi. 

I was able to find a place to stay through someone else's post at FB.
This is where I stayed in Sanga-Sanga, Tawi-Tawi. This village is closest to the airport. One of the advantage of staying here is that, it will just take one minute walk to the Airport. Yes, you are right - I said ONE MINUTE!



This is where I can sit the whole day if I want to, while enjoying the breeze. Overlooking the sea :) Homestay Accommodation. 


Food is also part of what I pay for. My lunch :) I love that they always put on turmeric in their dish. It produces the yellow color and is very healthy too. 




My mat is very colorful :)



My dinner is this yummy sinigang. The good thing with staying with a Muslim family is that you will be served a lot of seafoods. As a pescatarian, this is heaven for me :)


So what are the places that I have visited in this province?

Here they are:


Bolobok Cave. Yes, from underneath this place is a cave. From here, you can see the BLUEST ocean of Tawi-Tawi. 

Morgan, the brother of the my Homestay owner accompanied me to these three beaches and the trek to Bud Bongao.


The second beach near Bolobok Cave where Morgan took me to see.


Cove and Rock Shelter. 


The Climb to Bud Bongao started. 


Almost there? 

How many minutes more? I almost fainted ;)


At the top of Bud Bongao. Why it's worth it. 


Homes of the local people in this area. The water is clean though. 

Near the Airport.



The market at Batu Batu, Panglima, Sugala every Saturday where people still practice the Barter System. 


Strolling around, watching what each boat has brought with them. 



Just one of the home-cooked food that local people are selling or offering at barter. Some of the vendors would have a fish in exchange of this snacks. I really find this amazing. 


Dried Stingray was also readied for barter and sale. 



The mosque that I decided to check after visiting the market, on the way back to my Homestay :)




Lapid-Lapid Bridge is breath-taking :)


As someone from Bohol, how  to reach Tawi-Tawi?

My trip was Bohol to Cebu at night via Lite Shipping for a cheaper rate of ferry. Then on to Mactan Airport for my Cebu to Zamboanga City flight. From Zamboanga City, take another flight to Tawi-Tawi . 

Trip happened last October 26-28, 2018.

If you think you would like to stay at where I stayed, you may contact:
For assistance of possible motorbike transport, you may ask assistance from Morgan. He can possible refer you to another person who can do it for you or he can do it himself and be your tour guide. As this guy is still a student, please be generous with a fee or tip :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Hiking At Trinidad, Bohol!

  Bohol is an island province, yes.  It can be famous for Chocolate Hills and beaches, but very seldom are its hills and mountains being exp...