Saturday, August 3, 2024

Singapore, To Escape ~

 My trip to Singapore in March 2010 was born out of a rebellious spirit.

I was already living in Luzon for 8 years. Six was spent in Laguna, and almost two years in Paranaque.

I was 29 years old, tired of being a breadwinner for almost a decade. I have been living in Paranaque for almost two years, call center-hopping, and was already working at a Franchising company when I decided to go to Singapore.

I sent a message to a friend Jen who has been living in SG for quite a while, and I asked her for some details and information on how to be a tourist in Singapore.

My flight was through Zest Air, I tendered my resignation so I can come to SG. My friend even advised me not to resign yet. But I did not listen to her (I was stubborn!) 😉

I left and took my flight with very little money in my hand, and a hostel booking.



Social media was not as famous as it is now. It was the early year of Facebook and I only log at FB like once a month. I don’t own a smartphone, I did not even have a camera with me when I went there.

Looking back now on how I navigate my travel, and how I did it, I would be a likely target for the Immigration Officer’s intense questioning. LOL. 😂

I have even stepped on Johor Bahru, for just a few days. This place is already a part of Malaysia.

A stamp on your passport outside of Singapore will increase your days of stay to SG upon re-entry.

Now I realize, there is so much in Singapore that I haven’t seen. I was only able to experience the SMRT, Orchard (where I have so many funny experiences), some malls, Marina Bay, and Merlion.









Three things that shocked me when in SG were:

- the presence of restaurant servers who looked like they were already 70s or going 80s. Most of our Lolo and Lolas are not anymore working by this age, but just the same, some Filipino parents at this age are looking after their grandchildren at home. Well 😉

- their Mcdo Hamburger was full of cabbage... like overflowing, or was it lettuce? 🤣 rice was not available 😁

- their drivers drive at the right side of the car/taxi 😍 









My sisters and I plan to cross to Singapore last June while in Malaysia. However, due to our travel time from Cameron Highlands, we need to recover physically and give Kuala Lumpur enough time to enjoy it.

Until next time Singapore, when the time is right, I hope to be delighted with what’s new with you from many years ago 😉



No comments:

Post a Comment

Close To Home ~

  In flation. Kids. Caregiving role.     These are just one of the reasons why I can't always go fast to where I want to be. But then, t...