Sunday, November 4, 2018

Zamboanga City - You Were Unplanned


So it was not like I had dreamed it at all, well, to be honest, I thought I would just have to pass by the place.

I had one day to enjoy the place.

I left my province the night before via Lite Ferries, going to Cebu for four hours. This means that a comfortable sleep is never possible with this accommodation type.

Next, Cebu to Zamboanga City flight via Cebu Pacific.

Arrival at Zamboanga Airport was at 8:30 in the morning.

 At first, I thought that Bienvenidos means a name of a famous politician to which the airport was named after. Eventually, after seeing so many of the same word, I figure out, it means "WELCOME". Lol. :D


 I was at my couchsurfing host's place at 9:00am. I feel too tired, I feared that I will not even see anything on the place. I tried to drag myself after 3 hours of rest, to have lunch and to see some places. After waiting for the rain to stop, I took the risk and head to Downtown Zamboanga City for lunch. I tried at McDonalds for a quick and easy choices to fill my angry tummy

In the end I decided to see the Merloquet Falls. I took a van for two hours for P130.00. Then I took another ride of habal habal for P200. 


300+ steps await me :)


It is always worth it :D


And the climb back, it is always painful. But I am happy :)



Ended the night with a hearty dinner at Alavar from a friend's suggestion.



The goal was to make sure that I have tasted their famous CURACHA, but it was not solo traveler-friendly for a choice. It is on a per kilo basis per order. I cannot eat that much.
Another option was to order their best-seller that was a mixture of different dish that which includes Curacha or Crab choice but on that specific date, Curacha is not available for that menu but just crab.

Oh well, better luck next time.

At least, I am happy,satisfied of my day and full from my yummy dinner.

'Til next Zamboanga!

“Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Hiking At Trinidad, Bohol!

  Bohol is an island province, yes.  It can be famous for Chocolate Hills and beaches, but very seldom are its hills and mountains being exp...